Added to your Saved ToursView All
Delhi, the capital of India, is known to be the most picturesque city and in addition to that, a city of lovers - Dilwalon ki Dilli!
Standing as an epitome of love, is the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Humayun's Tomb. Not the Taj Mahal? Well, yes and no. Humayun's Tomb was the first mausoleum on the Indian subcontinent, that was to become synonymous to Mughal architecture. It inspired the architecture of our very own Wonder of the World, the Taj Mahal. Built nine years after the death of Humayun, by his senior widow Hamida Banu Begum, it became a token of love and remembrance.
With combined efforts of Persian and Indian architectures, this garden-tomb was constructed. Grandeur was such, it exemplified the first ever 'charbagh', a four-quadrant garden with the four rivers - the idea of paradise according to the Holy Quran.
You know what else is known for romance? Bollywood! When it comes to love songs, Bollywood knows where to be.
Here are some Bollywood songs/scenes which are set in Humayun's Tomb:
1. The sequence song, 'Bol Na Halke Halke' from the movie 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom' is shot in Humayun's Tomb. Abhishek Bachchan, not having enough money to take Preity Zinta to see the Taj Mahal, takes her to this garden-tomb, instead and from thereafter, it became their Taj Mahal.
2. The reel and real-life couple, Kareena and Saif spent some time together in the lush green gardens of Humayun's Tomb in the song 'Shukran Allah' filmed for the movie, 'Kurbaan'.
3. Archeological Survey of India halted the shooting of 'Veer Zaara' at Humayun’s Tomb after Shah Rukh and Preity ventured into restricted sections of the monument. Oops!
4. While Aamir Khan is giving Dilli Darshan, as a tour guide, Kajol returns to him with a heart-melting Shayari in the movie 'Fanaa'.
5. The very catchy song, 'Choomantar' from 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan' starring Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif is shot in Humayun's Tomb.
6. Another cute love song, 'Love is a Waste of Time' from PK, filming Amir Khan and Anushka Sharma was also filmed at Humayun's Tomb.
7. This symbol of love fits like a perfect backdrop to the song 'Tu Chahiye' from Bajrangi Bhaijaan, starring Kareena Kapoor and Salman Khan.
8. Romantic melody 'Tere Liye' is also shot in Humayun's Tomb, in the movie, 'Fitoor' starring Aditya Roy Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
Bollywood love songs like these, with the beautiful Mughal structure of Humayun's Tomb in the backdrop, set serious love-life goals! Well, if you're in a relationship or a loner, this is a must visit site. Don't forget your cameras!
Enjoy the 'Terrific Tour Sale'. Get flat 50% Discount on all the premium tours Explore Now
Already a member?Login
Not a member yet?Sign up